Terri & Ezra's Travel Blog

The 21st century way to inflict our vacation pictures and stories on friends and family.

Saturday, April 23, 2005

From the TGV

On the TGV on the way to Nice.

So, it's been a couple of days since the Interpol show and I don't have the energy to make detailed posts for the past two days.

We're in a non-smoking car, and I think that's why it's crawling with kids. A boy a couple of rows in front of us, whose dad seems to be really into motorcycles, is making girlfriends with the little girl in the row behind him. She was watching a Felix the Cat DVD on a Sony Vaio a few hours ago.

We ate on the train. Terri was hungry a bit before I was, so I went to the club car for her. The guy working in the food car was talking to the two teenage Japanese girls in front of me in English, and they only seemed to be half understanding him. He gave them free chocolates and they started giggling hysterically and thanking him. I managed the whole transaction in French. She wanted one of the full dinners: penne (with olives), fruit salad (with mutant enormous grapes and mango), and a San Pellegrino. She claims it was not bad for train food. I went back when I was hungry, about 45 minutes later, and he asked me (in French) if this was also for me. I was prepared for this, so before I left, I asked Terri to tell me how to say "for my wife" in French. (Hey-- we're currently in Cannes. Hello, beautiful people. Good bye, beautiful people). Anyway, he asked how the penne was, and because I didn't know how to get into the details (but was happy to be manuvering in French), I said it was good.

April is picking us up at the station in Nice; we're supposed to arrive in about fifteen minutes. I should pack up and get ready to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home